About Travel Awards
- The Hamlyn Symposium Travel Awards are available for student researchers to assist their attendance at the annual Hamlyn Symposium.
- Grants will be awarded up to $500 USD each. This does not cover the registration fee for the Symposium.
Full time student status at the time of paper submission. (Notes: If you are no longer a full time student, you must explain your new circumstances).
First authorship on a paper. Strong preference will be given to papers involving multidisciplinary collaborations.
How to apply
Your Application package should contain the following documents, in PDF format:
- A short CV, including a full publication list
- A short statement (no more than 500 words) of your current research and how your current research can benefit from this travel award to Hamlyn Symposium.
- E-mail your application package to Hamlyn Centre Administrator at [email protected] no later than Wednesday 22nd April 2015. In the subject field, write “Hamlyn Symposium Student Travel Award Application”.
You need to register for the Hamlyn Symposium 2015 before applying for this travel award.
- All applications must be emailed to Hamlyn Centre Administrator (click on to link to [email protected]) before Wednesday 22nd April 2015. You will be informed about the outcome by 15th May 2015. Please use “Hamlyn Symposium Student Travel Award Application” in the subject line.
- The grant applications will be reviewed by a committee comprising of representatives of the Hamlyn Symposium PC Members and Senior Organising Committee Members. The award will be paid to you by bank transfer.